Welcome CMC Members!
Please see below to view all Important News & Urgent Alerts created by TECHCET Analysts and other CMC Members. To create your own alert, please use the feature to the right.
Please contact [email protected] for any questions or concerns.
- 2017 CMC Conference – A Highly Differentiated Program! (4/18/2017) - For Immediate Release 2017 Critical Materials Conference A Highly Differentiated Program Brought to you by the CMC and TECHCET Register now! – May 11-12 event in Richardson, Texas San Diego, CA, April 18, 2017: TECHCET CA—the advisory service firm providing electronics materials information—and the Critical Materials Council (CMC) of semiconductor fabricators announce that Dr. Hans […]
- China to house over 40% of semi fabs by 2020 (12/19/2016) - China’s ambition to build a significant domestic industry is beginning to take shape as more than 40% of front-end semiconductor fabs slated to begin operation in 2017 to 2020 are located in China. According to SEMI, a trade group that represents semiconductor equipment and materials suppliers, of 62 front-end fabs that will open worldwide over […]
- Next Monthly Meeting Announcement! (7/21/2016) - Dear CMC Fabs Members, The next monthly meeting is scheduled to be on August 25th. We hope to have you join us! Best, The CMC Fabs Team
- New Source of Helium Found in Tanzania (6/30/2016) - “A new approach to gas exploration has discovered a huge helium gas field, which could address the increasingly critical shortage of this vital yet rare element. Now, a research group from Oxford and Durham universities, working with Helium One, a helium exploration company headquartered in Norway, has developed a brand new exploration approach. The first […]
- Next Monthly Meeting Announcement (6/23/2016) - Dear CMC Fabs Members, The next monthly meeting is scheduled to be on July 21st. We hope to have you join us! Best, The CMC Fabs Team
- Kanto Expands Yield-Enhancing Ultrapure Sulfuric Acid Capacity (6/23/2016) - Kanto Corporation and their partners have completed a large scale expansion of their ultra-high purity sulfuric acid production facility. This new expansion will more than double current production capacity of this critical material for integrated circuit production. The new sulfuric acid plant is in final test stages and will be available for customer qualification by […]
- Anticipated Impact on NEON: US Tariffs on China Steel Increased Further (5/27/2016) - China is critical to the electronic supply chain, especially for noble gases like NEON. Reduction in China steel production means reduced Neon supply, a by-product of the ASUs which support steel factories with oxygen. Recently, the U.S. Department of Commerce imposed even more duties on steel imports from China. The longer this tariff is in […]
- Materion Proposes to Buy Heraeus’ Targets Business! (5/14/2016) - This may be an opportunity too good to pass up: Just announced, Materion Announced they are in “Discussions with Heraeus Group Regarding an Acquisition by Materion of Heraeus’ Target Materials Business”. It was our understanding that they were exiting the business in January, but since then, the Targets unit has not closed down. Now we […]
- Alerts and Communications Portal Now Activated (4/30/2016) - Hello CMC Members – over the past few days we have worked out a few bugs and have now activated the Alert System. You will be getting two different types of Alerts from TECHCET analysts – Urgent and Important (not urgent). Also, you have the ability to communicate to each other by making your own […]
- Conflict Free Gold – First Ever Fairtrade Gold Supply Chain (4/30/2016) - Interesting Strategy wrt Peru gold supply chain. “Working with Max Hevelaar, the Netherlands Fairtrade Certifier equivalent to the UK’s Fairtrade Foundation, Fairphone is sourcing the precious metal from Minera Sotrami SA in Peru. As a result, Fairphone has now achieved the first-ever Fairtrade gold supply chain for consumer electronics.” Full article here: http://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/2016/apr/29/fairphone-smartphone-company-search-conflict-free-gold
- Rare Earth Discovery (4/30/2016) - Still issue with setting up mining/refining/purification investment. Geologists discover rare earth elements in Rajasthan Out of the 18 exploratory projects worldwide, the concentration of these minerals at the Indian site comes at the third spot. “In view of the high concentration of the rare earth elements, the felsite dykes of Phulan and the adjoining areas […]
- More on Japan Earthquakes: How Will Semi Supply Chain Be Affected? (4/18/2016) - Not Available
- Another Japan Quake – firms shut down plants; fuels economic fears (4/15/2016) - Not Available
- CMC Conference NEWS! (4/12/2016) - Don’t forget to check out the new Agenda for the Conference and send the link to people you know who could benefit from this powerful, actionable event!
- Update on China Issues that effect Neon Production (4/12/2016) - Steel mills are the drive for the large ASU that produce Neon. With the new five year plan direction to high tech investments and support. There is less economic support for the Steel Mills and mines that support them. This is having a hidden impact on both Rare Gas and Neon Supply availiablity along with […]
- Gigaphoton responds to Its approach to Neon Shortage. (4/7/2016) - “Gigaphoton demonstrates reduction of the laser’s neon usage by 25 percent on KrF and ArF lasers, and up to 50 percent on ArF immersion lasers. It also shows the Neon Pricing variations up to YE of 2015 by different gas suppliers. Recent communications from the Ukraine and China in reference to the Neon Supply are […]
- CMC Conference Coming (3/31/2016) - CMC Conference Strong Program for the Entire Materials Supply Chain – don’t forget to forward info to your colleagues: www.cmcfabs.org/seminars/
- Sun Edison (3/31/2016) - Will Sun Edison be merged to Global Wafers?
- TECHCET Quarterly Update CMC Posted (3/31/2016) - Just a reminder the March 24 TECHCET Quarterly Update CMC regarding the reports ordered in 2015 has been posted in the Members Only area.
- China lays out its vision to become a tech power (3/9/2016) - BEIJING, 3/6/2016 China aims to become a world leader in advanced industries such as semiconductors and in the next generation of chip materials, robotics, aviation equipment and satellites, the government said in its blueprint for development between 2016 and 2020. http://www.thestar.com.my/tech/tech-news/2016/03/07/china-lays-out-its-vision-to-become-a-tech-power/ In its new draft five-year development plan unveiled on Saturday, Beijing also said it […]
- TECHCET News (5/20/2019) Posted in: Consumable Equipment Components, CVD and ALD Precursors, Photoresist and Ancillaries - Consumables Industry Feeling a Swell in Demand CMP Slurry and Pad Market Forecasted 13% Growth for 2021 San Diego, CA, January 6, 2022: TECHCET—the electronic materials advisory firm — announced that CMP consumables demand is surging upward as device makers continue to push up production, and equipment suppliers scramble to build their backlog. “Shipments of […]
- CMC Conference Coming (3/31/2016) Posted in: CVD and ALD Precursors - CMC Conference Strong Program for the Entire Materials Supply Chain – don’t forget to forward info to your colleagues: www.cmcfabs.org/seminars/
- China lays out its vision to become a tech power (3/9/2016) Posted in: CVD and ALD Precursors, Gases - BEIJING, 3/6/2016 China aims to become a world leader in advanced industries such as semiconductors and in the next generation of chip materials, robotics, aviation equipment and satellites, the government said in its blueprint for development between 2016 and 2020. http://www.thestar.com.my/tech/tech-news/2016/03/07/china-lays-out-its-vision-to-become-a-tech-power/ In its new draft five-year development plan unveiled on Saturday, Beijing also said it […]